Job Openings: Mortgage Loan Originator
|Location of Position:||Manchester, NH|
|Salary:||Full-time - Non-Exempt/Hourly/Commission|
Bellwether is seeking an experienced Mortgage Loan Originator to join our Team. For over 97 years, we've made New Hampshire our home and have provided thoughtful guidance and customized solutions to help our members with their unique home financing needs. As one of the "Best Places to Work For" in New Hampshire, Bellwether is a community based credit union with a strong commitment of "people helping people."
As a Mortgage Loan Originator, you will be responsible for the origination of mortgage loans for assigned branch(es), responding to loan application inquiries generated by the Credit Union's online sources, and developing relationships with local realtors to facilitate application lead generation. Origination will include conducting initial pre-qualification interviews and preparing complete loan application packages and necessary documentation. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a proven ability to produce sales, results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have a thorough knowledge of all mortgage products to effectively educate and recommend prospective borrowers with the mortgage loan products that best meet their needs.
- Interview, take applications and process preliminary documentations in an appropriate manner.
- Responsible for ensuring the appropriate coverage of the branches assigned.
- Responsible for creating and providing applicants with accurate required regulatory disclosures within statutory time limits.
- Complete applications utilizing tools and following procedures provided by the credit union.
- Issues all required initial Federal and State disclosures including insuring the accuracy of preparation of Loan Estimate and all initial disclosures.
- Submit application package to Mortgage Processor for continuation of processing of file, provides detailed description of loan application, requests additional credit, asset, income documentation as needed.
- Maintains communication with members, realtors, and other pertinent parties to the transaction throughout the process.
- Develops relationships with local realtors through a variety of external sales efforts.
- Coordinates and conducts home buyer education seminars both with the CU's marketing efforts and with outside realtor relationships.
- Submit weekly sales opportunities report(s) to supervisor.
- Work in conjunction with Mortgage Dept. to support each other's needs and the needs of Bellwether members and prospective members.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with front-line and contact center personnel.
- Represent Bellwether in a professional and responsible manner at all times. Represent the Credit Union in the community through involvement in various civic and charitable activities.
- All other duties as required.
- Must meet registration requirements under the SAFE ACT to obtain appropriate federal and state registration and licensing.
- Understand and Comply with all BSA Regulations.
NOTE: The list of essential functions is not exhaustive. It may be supplemented as necessary from time to time.
- Back-up the Mortgage Loan Processor
- A minimum of 2 years of mortgage loan origination preferred.
- Knowledge of underwriting guidelines (FNMA, FHA, VA, USDA) and other investors used by Bellwether. Knowledge of all state and federal regulations affecting mortgage lending including, but not limited to, Reg Z, ECOA, Reg B, and HMDA. General knowledge of NH Real Estate Law. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must meet registration requirements under the Safe Act to obtain appropriate federal and state registration and licensing.
- Must meet requirements to obtain and maintain NMLS #.
As part of the Bellwether Family, you'll experience our commitment to your personal and professional success through our "Best Places" culture, training opportunities, competitive salary and above average benefits package.
How to Apply
If it is more convenient you may also complete and print an employment application and submit along with a copy of your resume to Credit Union Name in person or by mail to:
Bellwether Community Credit Union
425 Hooksett Road
Manchester, NH 03104
BCCU is an equal opportunity employer.