We’ve been made aware of telephone scam calls our members have received, from what appears to be a Bellwether phone number regarding fraud on their accounts. This is called “Spoofing” which makes our real phone number appear on your Caller ID. While we work on preventing any further calls, please be extra careful, and do not rely on caller ID to verify who’s calling. Here are a few tips for handling these calls:
- If you get a call from someone at Bellwether you have not spoken with before, or are not expecting a call from, be cautious, hang up and call us directly at 866-996-9828.
- Do not verify information or share a code to verify your account or identity, you may decline, hang up, and call us directly at 866-996-9828.
- If you are unsure of any communication from Bellwether, call us directly at 866-996-9828. If your call reaches beyond our normal hours, provide your contact information to our after-hours call center or in your message, and we will be in touch the next business day.
- Bellwether employees won’t call unexpectedly to demand account information.
- Don’t give out — or confirm — your personal or financial information to someone who calls.
- Feeling pressured to act immediately? That can be a strong sign of a scam. Hang up and call us directly at 1-866-996-9828.