home buyer: meet your team!
When you're ready to find the home of your dreams, hitting the market can leave you frustrated or even a little lost. Unless you deal with mortgages and real estate regularly, all of the terminology and unique aspects of these industries can be completely overwhelming.
The good news is that you're not alone. You have an experienced and knowledgeable team of experts that will help you make it through your purchase... and beyond.
Let's take a look at a few of your key team members:
Your Loan Officer
With a great loan officer on your team, you can look forward to securing the financing on your next home as smoothly as possible. Here are some of the tasks that you can expect your loan officer to complete.
- Research appropriate loans based upon your needs and eligibility.
- Offer you an array of options.
- Answer questions you might have on the loan process.
- Anticipate and prepare for challenges in getting a loan.
- Continue to monitor the progress of your loan.
Your Real Estate Agent
Your real estate agent will take on many roles while you are conducting your home search. Here are a few items that may be covered:
- Present available homes.
- Identify and explain features of homes.
- Discuss the home inspections.
- Educate you about area neighborhoods, schools and recreation.
- Negotiate the deal.
That's right! You are the most important member of your own team. Don't forget that even though your team is working for you, there are still tasks that only you can complete to keep things moving forward. Remember to:
- Understand what is important to you and your family's needs.
- Respond quickly when your loan officer or real estate agent contacts you.
- Protect your credit score.
- Always ask questions right away!
When you're ready to start looking for a new home, contact Bellwether and let us get the entire team working for you!