Bellwether is a not-for-profit community credit union serving families and small businesses right here in NH. Our deposits come from our members – your neighbors and the small businesses in our area. For more than 100 years, we’ve been putting those funds to work making auto loans, mortgages, and business loans to our members and giving back to our community.
The media has been reporting on several bank closures over the last few days. We wanted to take this opportunity to reinforce that Bellwether Community Credit Union is safe and here to meet your needs.
- Deposits at Bellwether are backed by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF). Deposits are insured up to at least $250,000 per individual depositor. The National Credit Union Administration is the independent agency that manages the NCUSIF. Like the FDIC’s Deposit Insurance Fund, the NCUSIF is a federal insurance fund backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government. Not one penny of insured savings has ever been lost by a member of a federally-insured credit union.
- Our deposit base is diversified and made up vastly of small depositors. We serve everyday New Hampshire people and businesses right here in our community.
- Bellwether’s business model is significantly different than the banks you’ve read about in the news. We have no direct exposure to the cryptocurrency industry or any concentrations of deposits or loans to Silicon Valley tech companies.
- Bellwether has ample liquidity and access to multiple liquidity sources if and should we need them.
- Bellwether has a strong capital position, significantly higher than regulatory limits to be considered “well capitalized.”
Serving our neighbors, friends and small businesses in our community has always been our mission. That mission is important, and it makes us stronger in the current economic environment. Thank you for your business and for allowing us to serve you.
Bellwether Community Credit Union