Job Openings: Head Teller - Part Time
|Location of Position:||Manchester, NH|
|Salary:||Part Time - Non-Exempt|
Bellwether Community Credit Union is seeking a seasoned, outgoing and energetic professional for the part-time position (approximately 25 hours per week) of Senior Member Consultant (Head Teller). For over 97 years we've made New Hampshire our home and have provided thoughtful guidance and customized solutions to help our members. As one of the "Best Places to Work For" in New Hampshire, Bellwether is a community based credit union with a strong commitment to "people helping people."
The Senior Member Consultant is a role model position specializing in branch operations and the mentoring of the MSR staff. He/she is responsible for overall member satisfation by ensuring operational integrity and compliance for the branch, including member service at the teller pod and various branch operational functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the accurate balancing, auditing, and maintenance of branch cash to include individual drawers, related devices and monetary instruments.
- Mentors MSR staff so that they accurately process transactions and conduct discussions with members to create acceptance and understanding of policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the MSR team, ensuring error free and accurate completion of financial transactions, practices sound cash handling, answers inquiries and resolves simple to complex concerns on member accounts.
- Strong organizational skills to enforce operational controls including legal and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of member and credit union assets.
- Performs other duties and tasks as required, in conjunction with or in the absence of the Member Service Manager.
- Minimum of 2 years of operational experience within a financial related organization to include knowledge of bank products, services, and regulations.
- Skilled in understanding and managing retail branch operations including policy, procedures, compliance, and security.
- Strong verbal communication skills to ensure co-workers and members understanding.
- Exhibit positive attitude and professionalism, displaying role model behavior.
- Ability to coach and mentor others.
- Ability to make sound decisions and exceptions to procedures when warranted.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and handle stressful situations.
- Ability to resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
As part of the Bellwether Family, you'll experience our commitment to your personal and professional success through our "Best Places" culture, training opportunities, competitive salary, and above average part time benefits package.
How to Apply
If it is more convenient you may also complete and print an employment application and submit along with a copy of your resume to Credit Union Name in person or by mail to:
Bellwether Community Credit Union
425 Hooksett Road
Manchester, NH 03104
BCCU is an equal opportunity employer.