Financial institution Staff Accountant
Bellwether Community Credit Union (BCCU)
Full-time - Non-Exempt
BCCU is seeking an outgoing, energetic and experienced Finance professional with a proven track record of success to join our team. For over 97 years, we've made New Hampshire our home and have provided thoughtful guidance and customized solutions to help our members, As one of the "Best Places to Work For" in New Hampshire, BCCU is a community based credit union with a strong commitment to "people helping people."
As the Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for all daily operational functions of the Finance Department and to ensure that the financial records of the credit union are completed in an accurate and timely fashion. In addition, the Staff Accountant will work closely with the AVP/Finance Controller to complete the maintenance and preparation of financial and non-financial information for the Board of Directors and Senior Managers and for ensuring financial statements are in compliance with accounting regulations. The ideal candidate will update policies and procedures as necessary to ensure compliance with GAAP, Internal & External audits as well as all pertinent credit union regulations. This position will require a team player that welcomes working with others for proper cross-training to ensure coverage in the event of an absence or vacations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements. Ensures postings are done accurately by GL & Cost Center. Works with the staff on resolving outstanding items in a timely manner.
- Reviews general ledger and cash reconciliations, Fannie Mae secondary market reporting, Mortgage and Business Loan Accounting, accounts payable and corporate check exceptions. Responsible for administering accruals, prepaids, fixed assets and maintaining the accuracy of the G/L. Responsible for administering and monitoring of FASB which includes early payoffs of Indirect Loans and invoicing dealers for reimbursement of dealer fees.
- Responsible for month end closings and monthly reporting to be provided to the Board and Senior Management.
- Assist in the tracking and maintenance of the Credit Union's investment portfolio. Duties to include the recording of purchases, maturities, premium/discount accretion, interest accruals, interest payments and market values.
- Complete the quarterly FR2900 and 5300 report accurately and by prescribed deadline.
- In cooperation with the AVP of Finance/Controller, prepare additional financial reports and perform special projects as needed.
- Understand and comply with all BSA Regulations.
- Minimum of an Associates' Degree is required; Bachelor's degree is desirable, preferably in accounting or finance. At least three years' experience in an accounting or finance department is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of FASB, GAAP and other accounting standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong computer skills; including Microsoft Office products and accounting program software.
- Experience with all facets of general ledger accounting and month-end closing is required. Experience working in a financial institution setting preferred.
- Intermediate mathematical skills required (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.).
- Excellent organizational skills; able to manage multiple projects, balance many projects and tasks and to change priorities in response to changing needs, motivated and able to create and maintain a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills necessary for communicating information to Credit Union staff and external resources.
As part of the Bellwether Family, you'll experience our commitment to your personal and professional success through our "Best Places" culture, training opportunities, competitive salary and above average benefits package.
How to Apply
Interested in joining our team? Please submit your resume to:
Bellwether Community Credit Union
425 Hooksett Road
Manchester, NH 03104
BCCU is an equal opportunity employer
Go to main navigation