Mortgage Loan Processor
Bellwether Community Credit Union (BCCU)
Full-time - Non-Exempt/Hourly
BCCU is seeking an experienced Mortgage Processor to join our Team. For over 97 years we’ve made New Hampshire our home and have provided thoughtful guidance and customized solutions to help our members with their unique home financing needs. As one of the “Best Places to Work For” in New Hampshire, BCCU is a community based credit union with 97 years of commitment to “people helping people”.
As a Mortgage Processor, your primary function will be to assemble a completely documented file for submission to underwriting with a letter of recommendation. This will include inputting the application, ordering, collecting, and ensuring the accuracy of the documents and data in the loan file. Position will also be responsible for coordinating loan closings with attorney and title companies and preparing applicable closing disclosures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of conventional, preferred FHA, VA, USDA, and special mortgage loan programs, and the necessary documentation for processing and obtaining underwriting approval
- Have a thorough knowledge of first mortgage real estate lending practices, including federal regulator requirements, state regulations, and agency requirements
- Set up files on appropriate systems, order credit reports, appraisals, and necessary verification forms. Follow up with outside sources for outstanding documentation
- Review and analyze documentation to determine ratios and credit acceptability, obtain accurate Automated Underwriting System (AUS) findings.
- Complete final evaluation and analysis of the completed loan file package and prepare the file for underwriting approval, specifying any applicable conditions to the approval
- Update realtors, members, and Loan Representatives on the status of the file
- Coordinate mortgage closings with closing attorney and prepare pertinent closing documents
- Prioritize work flow in order to meet time sensitive application deadlines
- Utilize daily pipeline management reports to prioritize daily work flow
- Represent the credit union in the community through involvement in various civic and charitable activities
- A minimum of 2 years of mortgage processing experience
- Knowledge of underwriting guidelines - FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, and USDA programs
- Knowledge of all state and federal regulations affecting mortgage lending including (but not limited to) Reg Z, ECOA, Reg B, Fact Act, Safe Act, and HMDA and a general knowledge of NH Real Estate Law.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and have a proactive approach to resolving issues
- Must meet registration requirements under the Safe Act to obtain appropriate federal and state registration and licensing
As part of the Bellwether Family, you’ll experience our commitment to your personal and professional success through our “Best Places” culture, training opportunities, competitive salary and above average benefits package.
How to Apply
Interested in joining our team? Please submit your resume to:
Bellwether Community Credit Union
425 Hooksett Road
Manchester, NH 03104
BCCU is an equal opportunity employer
Go to main navigation