Here it is, 2 days before Christmas and I still haven’t bought a gift for my mother. Every year, it’s the same thing “oh, I don’t need anything, just seeing you is all I need for Christmas!” Yeah, ok Ma, we’re on to your lame routine. We’re not accepting that one. You aren’t going to be the only person not opening a gift on Christmas morning, so give it up! What’s on your list?
We know that many of us deal with a similar situation every year. That’s why we’ve done some research and come up with 5 “can’t miss” gifts to get your mom, or any “mom” in your life.
- Skip the gift card, get the real deal! While everyone would love to have a day at the spa getting pampered, massaged, and beautified, it’s not always convenient. So rather than buy a gift card that may never get used, treat Mom to an at home spa day to do at her convenience! You can save money by creating a custom basket full of shower gels, clay masks, exfoliating scrubs, moisturizing lotion, and don’t forget the aromatherapy candle! Or you can order a basket of relaxing & rejuvenating goods online.
- Tickets, tickets, tickets! And, no, I don’t mean scratch tickets! (However, you may want to pick up a few of those for her stocking, in case Santa forgot!) What does she like? Is she a music fan? Get her tickets to see one of her favorite artists, like Michael Bublé, Garth Brooks, or if she is a bit more of a rocker, Bush is touring again! If Broadway is her thing, you can always get her tickets to see a play or musical. Save money by seeing one at a local theatre, rather than dropping big bucks to see a show in Boston – you won’t be disappointed.
- Give ‘em an Oyster subscription. No, not the ones that come from the ocean, Oyster is an online ebook subscription service. (Think Netflix, but with books!) For $9.95/month the recipient will get unlimited access to their library. While it is available for iOS, Android, Nook & Kindle products, it can also be used thru a regular internet browser.
- The Gift of Speedy Shipping (and more)! If you’ve done any shopping in the past, well, decade, you know that Amazon.com is your one-stop shop for everything. For a busy mom, saving time is crucial! Help her out by giving her a subscription to Amazon Prime. She’ll receive FREE 2-day shipping on millions of items, instant streaming of tons of movies & TV shows, free books, and much more.
- The Season of Giving. Make a donation in her name. Is she passionate about animals, the planet, local community or world-wide causes? Whatever it may be, you can make a donation in her name and then print out a gift receipt to show her. And what’s even easier, MakeACharityChoice.org lets you choose from over 1,000 charities all on one site.
Looking for more ideas or maybe some DIY gift inspiration? Check out our Pinterest board! (Repin your favorite or share it below!)
Return to "Blog"