Santa has Arrived During the Heat Wave!
Summer Savings to prepare for Upcoming Holidays and Events
Christmas in July is a tradition that celebrates the joy of the holidays during the warm summer months. It has many different possible origins, but the first known celebration was back in the 1930’s at a summer camp, as a fun way to look forward to the holidays during the heat of summer.
Retailers have added a new twist to the fun, and savings are being celebrated all summer long! Whether you are looking to stock up on last minute summer gear, getting a head start on school shopping, or shopping early for those winter holidays, it’s your chance to celebrate the most wonderful time of year, twice!
Go Ahead, Treat Yourself with a Bargain!
Was there something you wanted in the beginning of the summer that you didn’t buy? Maybe a new bathing suit, camping gear, or some new summer wardrobe? Well it’s not too late!
USA Weekend outlines 3 recommendations for summer savings:
- Shop for Summer wardrobe. Retailers are already looking ahead to Fall and clearing their shelves. This includes major retailers like Target and Walmart as well as specialty shops.
- Find cheaper gym memberships. It’s their off season since people prefer to be out enjoying the sunshine.
- Take a trip to a warm destination. Prices will be lower because most people plan a getaway during the cold winter months.
More concerned about that summer gear that you need? Patio furniture, lawn equipment, and outdoor camping and fishing gear are all on sale too!
Coupon Stacking is another method helping shoppers to get the best deals. Which retailers allow you to use multiple coupons? Lifehacker.com lists the following 7 retailers:
Back to School Never Looked so Good!
It’s hard to believe it’s that time of year again. I remember when I was younger feeling like school had just ended and it was already time to buy supplies for the upcoming school year.
Check out this link from Greatschools. It offers 10 tips for smart back to school shopping. Some of the tips from the list include:
- Don’t forget your list
- Buy in bulk
- Shop Summer Sales (If you only remember one tip, remember this one).
Major retailers already have school supplies on sale. Don’t delay. Check out your local sale papers.
Sales are Seasonal when it Comes to Coupons
The end of August and the end of October have been the best time of year for coupon deals for the past 2 years. Keep your eyes open for upcoming sales and markdown deals on:
- Large appliances – BBQ grills, lawn mowers, snow blowers
- Small appliances – computers, printers, air conditioners
- Cars – new models arrive in the fall, which means last year’s models need to go!
Now is a great time to save big bucks on items for the whole family! Don’t miss out on buying the stuff you need for the best prices.
Return to "Blog"