Pumpkin Everything isn't for Everyone!
Pumpkins are great, really, they are, but do we really need pumpkin everything? Lattes, muffins, kisses (the Hershey’s kind), casseroles, candles, lotions, cat litter… ok, that last one might not be true, but have you checked? What happened to apples? Apple picking is big. Apple flavors need to take back some of the Fall market. That’s why I’ve put together a list of apple-themed recipes to help you get to Halloween without wanting to smash all things pumpkin!
- Don’t have time to make breakfast on workdays? Overnight Apple Oatmeal is warm and delicious first thing in the morning! Plus, studies show that eating breakfast give you energy to start the day and it’s linked to many health benefits, including weight control and improved concentration at school or work.
- What’s better than taking your dog for a walk in the park on a cool fall afternoon, while the leaves ever so slowly fall from the trees? Having a warm cup of apple cider in your hand while you stroll. Starbucks has a delicious, caramel apple cider, or save some money and make your own batch at home in your crockpot.
- Celebrating a Fall birthday or wedding anniversary and looking for a special treat? Why not pour 6 simple ingredients into your crockpot and in a few hours you’ll have a delicious Crockpot Apple Dump Cake! (Recommended addition: one heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!)
- Looking for a paleo-friendly, gluten free autumn recipe? Look no further than this perfectly easy Crockpot Chicken with Apple and Sweet Potato dinner. Layer all the ingredients into your crockpot, set it and forget it, and when you return from work or a busy day out and about you’ll have a flavorful Fall meal for the whole family.
- And, if you MUST have something pumpkin flavored, start off your morning with some fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes topped with Spiced Apples!
Share your favorite apple related recipe below.
Return to "Blog"