5 Ways to Improve Your Study Habits
Being in college isn’t all fun and games. In fact, I can’t tell you how many long, sleep-deprived nights I’ve had stressing over exams, projects and homework. However, in all the time I’ve dedicated to schoolwork, I’ve learned that the key to being productive is investing in the right tools. And I never would’ve thought my phone would be one of them!
Whether I need help organizing my notes, keeping track of deadlines, or communicating with my peers, there’s always an app making sure I’m on top of my to-do list. Below are just a few apps I depend on when it comes time to buckle down and study. Check them out!
- STAY FOCUSED using Self-Control. Self-Control keeps you on task by putting an end to spontaneous social media visits and email checking. Specifically, it blocks certain websites for a set amount of time so you can concentrate fully on your studies. Best of all, if you get desperate, deleting the app won’t help you regain access to distracting content. No matter what, you’ll have to wait until the specified time runs out for the restrictions to be lifted.
- PLAN AHEAD with MyStudyLife. My Study Life makes studying manageable for even the most unorganized students. Far from your standard calendar, this cross-platform planner not only gives you an overview of your daily schedule but it also lets you access class material whenever you want! With this information, you can evaluate tasks in the order they’re due and mark the percentage you’ve yet to complete. By having these all-encompassing study features at your fingertips, MyStudyLife is the perfect tool to keep you prepared and punctual.
- KEEP ORGANIZED using Quizlet. Quizlet takes flashcard studying to a whole new level, where learning is fun and effective! Here, you can create your own study material or choose from content created by millions of other users. But that’s just the beginning. Once you’ve got flashcards, you can put your knowledge to the test with Quizlet’s interactive study modes and learning tools. After engaging with the app’s flashcards, practice tests, and study games, Quizlet will leave you feeling confident about what you know.
- STORE INFORMATION using Dropbox. Dropbox keeps your files safe, synced, and easy to share. Now, there’s no need to be afraid of losing your notes or assignments anymore! Thanks to Dropbox, all you need is Internet service to upload different files (documents, photos, videos) in the cloud system. Once your files are stored, you can access them online whenever you need and share them with your teachers and peers.
- KEEP CONNECTED with StudyBlue. Similar to Quizlet, StudyBlue provides the digital tools needed to help you master your class. Aside from the flashcards, study reminders, and self-test methods it offers, StudyBlue is unique in its ability to let you collaborate with classmates directly inside the app. Just like a study group, you can fill in information gaps so you can ace your coursework and upcoming exams.
Next time you have break out the books and study, let your phone come to your aid, rather than serve as an unneeded distraction! With a million different apps out there designed to help you save time and stress less, all you need to do is find the right tool that best suits you and your study habits.
Return to "Blog"