ATMs and banking kiosks like our Transact24 units have become part of our everyday life. They offer real convenience to those on the run and give you access to your accounts 24/7. But as with anything that involves your personal and account information, it’s best to follow a few basic safety precautions:
- To avoid driving around looking for an open ATM or kiosk, keep a list of local ATMs in your car or wallet. Use our ATM locator to generate the list.
- If it appears that the ATM or kiosk has been tampered with in any way, DO NOT use it.
- Try to use ATMs during daylight hours. Most ATM robberies occur between 7 pm and midnight.
- If lights around an ATM are not working, DO NOT use that machine.
- Always scan the area before approaching an ATM to check for anything suspicious.
- Have your card and transaction ready BEFORE you approach the machine.
- Leave immediately once you have completed your transaction. DO NOT count your cash in public.
- Beware of offers or requests for help from strangers during an ATM transaction.
- Do not write your PIN or account number on your card or carrying envelope.
If you feel that you are in danger or that someone is acting suspiciously, leave or drive away immediately, even if it means leaving your ATM card in the machine. Your safety is the important thing.Go to main navigation